Florent Chavouet

One of the main things I get out of using Twitter is tip-offs to interesting sounding resources and books. Thanks to my publisher friend, So Shan Au, I heard earlier today of the graphic work of Florent Chavouet.

Florent Chavouet is an illustrator who spent 6 months in Tokyo and went out to draw the neighbourhood, and in so doing bring a Japanese city to life. Armed with this, and some of the wonderful 4K time lapse / walkthroughs of places like Shibuya, we should be able to explore these cities with the students next year. I'd like to revisit some of the cities work that I wrote last summer with a younger audience. I also provided a lot of urban ideas for Geography all the Way....

He also produced a remarkably detailed book on the Japanese island of Manabeshima.

Comments