Amazon Fire TV Stick

I've had this for around a month now and have to say that it's really rather good...
I was offered a bargain price of £18 as a Prime subscriber, so decided to go for it, although my home broadband is a tad slow (rural Norfolk and all that....)
It was set up for me, and even knew my name when I went through the very simple set-up process. Within 10 minutes of getting it out of the box it was up and running. It uses an HDMI output, and you can then select from a range of options.
I have the Spotify app so that I can play my music through the TV.
There are various apps that can be installed. My son was happy that Flappy Bird and Crossy Road were on there... and many more...
It can also be controlled using the app on my iPhone. I like how I can identify a YouTube clip and then 'flick it' across to the main screen, with a new icon also appearing on the screen to give that option...
There's also a great range of TV series and movies that I can watch as a Prime subscriber. Given the amount of things that I order from (or through) Amazon, it makes sense for me to have the ability to order everything for next day delivery, and the range of films and TV programmes is large. The iPlayer app offers access to other BBC programming too. Keeps the kids happy, so that's £18 well spent....

Comments