Robert MacFarlane

I've followed Robert MacFarlane's work for years, since the publication of 'Mountains of the Mind'.

At the SAGT Conference in 2013, my session was based on a walk he took in the Cairngorms, and the influence of Nan Shepherd.

I was delighted to hear that he recently signed a letter that went into the Evening Standard to support our proposal for a Greater London National Park.

Robert's latest book will be published in March.
It's called 'Landmarks'. I've just got a ticket to hear him talk about his book, and other things at the University of East Anglia in the same week.

A few images of people with review copies on Twitter... Can't wait to read this as it sounds like it's even closer to my interests in landscape, topography and cultural-physical connections than ever...

Comments