2014... what's to come...

I hope you enjoyed reading about 2013 earlier today. It was an interesting and at times challenging year that took in eight different countries, over one thousand teachers, tens of thousands of miles of travelling, a number of awards, and a career swerve.
As I prepare to take a blogging break and celebrate my 50th birthday (!) here's a look forward to some of the things I've got planned for next year already. There's room for plenty more of course, so if you're reading this and you'd like to get in touch to find out about working with me, you can do it via the About.Me link down the right hand side of the page.

So what's already on the calendar ?


Well, priority goes to my teaching. Three and a half days teaching Geography at King's Ely. If you want to see some of the awesome students that I teach, head over to iPlayer and watch from 33 minutes in...

I'm also involved in a range of projects with Explorer HQ, and we've got some big plans for 2014. We're going to be finishing off our work on DISTANCE by working with a range of schools exploring new ideas, and also launching our Mission:Explore Water resource, as well as continuing into the next stage of the KNEE HIGH project. We have several other planned projects, which is inevitable with Daniel Raven Ellison's restless creativity and energy... and hope to continue with a few things which we started in 2013.... watch this space...

I'm then going to be hitting the road (and the rails) as always working with teachers in a range of cities, which currently include Cambridge, Norwich, Leicester, Birmingham, London, Durham, Newcastle, Worcester, Leeds, Wakefield, Sheffield and Perth.

I'll be involved in the GA Conference, participating in the Idea Zone, SPC workshops and the I-USE meeting which is taking place at the same time. I'll also be running Google Earth and Post-16 Fieldwork courses as well as running some NQT conferences for the GA.
I'll be leading some training with Primary colleagues in various venues, working with several groups of PGCE colleagues, and also getting involved in the Global Learning Project which (had things turned out differently) I'd be involved with as a GA employee...
I'm heading up to Leeds for Northern Rocks.

I'm also part of a team which will be kicking off WOW GEOGRAPHY. Watch out for some exciting names who are going to be joining me for that.

I'm going to be heading for Portugal to hopefully kick off a European project which will take me to four or five countries I've never visited before, and also running workshops on digital technology at an event in Athens as part of another new European project.

My 2nd children's book 'Extreme Survival' will be published by Collins, and I'm already working on a couple of other books, including a proposal for an exciting book to come out in 2015/16....
I'll be working with a number of teachers, headed up by David Rogers, on a new GCSE textbook too.

I'll hopefully be passing the 5000th post milestone, and also one million views of LivingGeography, which is remarkable..

I still have a good tranche of days that are unaccounted for, so if you'd like to involve me in something that you have planned, get in touch - there are a few towns and cities in the UK I haven't visited yet, a good chunk of Ireland and quite a few EU countries... as well as the rest of the world....

Of course I'm not the only one who's going to be busy next year.... any teacher working full time is going to be working harder than I am... 

Thanks to all who've supported me in any way this year in my freelance work... there are too many people to thank, but (I hope) you know who you are...
I'm heading to 'God's own country' in a few days to commemorate my arrival into this world 50 years ago in the same county.... although I've now lived for more than half of my life in Norfolk.
See you in 2014, and thanks for reading !!

Comments