Google Geo Teachers Institute - Post 1 of 5

This is the first of several posts summarising the learning at the first of two European GeoTeacher Institutes for Summer 2012.
I was invited along by Jamie Buchanan Dunlop, who had helped to facilitate the events.
The venue was Google's Dublin offices, and my hotel was fortuitously situated about 50 yards away. It was a 3.15am start to get to the airport and check in for my flight to Dublin, which was nicely empty, then out of Dublin Airport, and onto the 747 bus to the city centre... out at the portside area, and a swift walk to the offices, arriving ten minutes before nine, when the event was due to start.

I settled into my seat for two days of sessions to develop my knowledge of Google Education projects and products.

A GOOGLE SITE had been set up for the people who were attending the event, and contains a series of links to useful resources.

Here's a picture of me talking about the Google World Wonders project on day two - as previously blogged about.
Thanks to John Bailey for the image.


More posts to come over the next few days...
The London event starts tomorrow.

Comments