Londinium MXXII

I was interested to read the ongoing issues with the licensing of the London 2012 games, and the issues with using that phrase if you are a commercial business.

Yesterday., I went down to explore the Olympics Park (or the bit that you can get to) with author and urban geographer John Widdowson. John lives locally and has been working with school groups in and around the area for some years. If you would like to discuss taking a group of students down to the area, I can recommend John's expertise and resources. E-mail John here....


Images: Alan Parkinson

Here's a slideshow of the images that I put on Flickr...



Here's an alternative view of the Olympic Park via Mapply...



I am currently preparing a resource which offers ideas for a more 'critical' look at the Olympic legacy, inspired by Noel Jenkins...
More to come soon...

Comments