New Harper Collins iGCSE books

I spent a substantial part of the last five or six months working on these books, which are now available for pre-order on Amazon and will be published in January 2012. They are for the Cambridge iGCSE Geography and are published by Harper Collins.
I came up with the format for the books and the central enquiry led approach, where the i stands for lots of things as well as international...
I wrote the introduction to the books.
I wrote a CPD section for the teacher guide on the theme of enquiry and how to use the book.
I read (and partially re-wrote) every unit of the book, along with editor Barry Page, and provided ideas for every lesson on how to extend what was contained in the book...
The books are badged as being "in partnership with the Geographical Association" and the GA is described as "the home of best practice in Geography teaching." If you're teaching iGCSE Geography then these books will be what you need to get the best out of the course, and your students. I look forward to seeing a print copy.




Comments