What do we hope that learners are saying ?

Image by Alan Parkinson (taken on an iPhone don't you know...)

Post - it notes were used by John Lyon in our recent Regional Geography Conferences - the last of these for the time being will be held in Sheffield on the 9th of February.
One of the sessions asked the teachers who attended to suggest what they hoped that students would be saying as they left their geography lessons, or what they might be saying to each other.
These are the responses that we had from delegates at the London conference, as promised...

I can't wait till next lesson
That was fun
I can't wait to tell my parents what I learnt...
Guess what we learnt today in Geography ?
What can I do next ?
I love Google Earth
..that explains what I saw when I went to...
That was fantastic !
I want to go home and look at that web page
STIMULATING
Is that the bell already ?
I want to visit (place...)
IMPORTANT
RELEVANT
TAKING THINGS FORWARD
OPEN MY EYES
I'd like to go there one day...
Awesome !
Well I never knew that !
I want to do GEOGRAPHY
I hope I can make a difference to the world in a small way
..that links to what we were doing in Geography today...
Do I have to go to maths ?
TAUGHT ME SOMETHING NEW (SKILL)
WOW! I want more of that...
I want that app too !
I never realised that...
I get it now !

Comments