Language of Landscapes

I hold in my hand one of the first printed copies of a rather lovely resource that is going out next year with the Free OS Maps for Schools, funded by, and produced in association with Natural England and the OS.
It's written by me, and is fab.
More to come in September once it starts going out. Keep an eye out for it when you open your boxes of maps.

Also keep an eye out for the first online version of "Mapping News". Although it's unfortunate that this will no longer have the "thud factor" of the magazine itself landing on the desk, it's still a very useful resource, and there should be a lot of useful content.
I will blog about this more when this becomes available, but just finishing off a contribution on outdoor learning...

Comments

olliebray said…
This look sgreat - would love to get a look ata copy at some point. See you soon. Ollie
Alan Parkinson said…
Will get you a copy of course Ollie.
Plenty of ideas for using maps to explore your local landscape...
Unknown said…
Hi Alan - could you get me a copy - is this the 21st century Deverson and Lampitt I wonder?
Alan Parkinson said…
I wouldn't go that far... (although there's an idea...)