Driving in Snow

Just had one of those days where you can't make up your mind.
Tomorrow I have 2 sessions: a brief input to a CfBT Regional Conference in Derbyshire, then a Google Earth training day at the Magna centre near Sheffield (in the old Templeborough works where my dad was a steelworker)
So I looked at the BBC forecast and it said snow would come through and then clear within a few hours. Decided to go for it, and drove up, and for the last hour or so it was a bit snowy to be fair... Tried to remember the last time I drove in heavy snow and it's been years ! Remember Pete R in his VW Beetle crossing the M62 with me in the back when it had been closed to traffic around 1983, and a journey back from a concert at the NEC in Birmingham...
Anyway, it was quite fun, and now here I am in my favourite Travelodge in north Nottinghamshire, just 20 minutes-away from the conference venue, and with a big Sainsburys just 2 minutes away for breakfast in the cafe.
And tomorrow we're set for the arrival of a winter storm.

Just following the GRAMMY's on TWITTER and Peter Gabriel has won for 'Define Dancing' from Wall-E soundtrack which is a sublime instrumental track... and also for 'Down to Earth' - the end credits song... superb....

Comments