More on Teachmeet

When I had my interview for my new job, I referred to this model of CPD as one that should be transferred to south of the border.

Teachmeet has grown dramatically since the first get-together. The idea is simple: get teachers together to share an idea that HAS to have been used in the classroom, NO SALES PITCHES, NO POWERPOINTS (all content has to be web based)

"Crowd sourcing" is a key aspect of the organisation of these events: they are beyond the capacity of one person to create and organise, although having said that, clearly the energy of Ewan McIntosh has played a large part in their success.

I was intrigued by one of the sponsors: the website TUTPUP contains flash-based games which teach basic mathematical processes. This sounds like something that would be helpful for my daughter.

At the end, as Ewan left he challenged Stephen Heppell to take on the job of organising the Teachmeet at BETT. Stephen has been heavily involved with thinking on the places and spaces that people learn, and the influence that can have on the pedagogical practice.

There was a promising GEOGRAPHY component to the teachmeet: it was included in more than just my presentation, and even concluded with the classic WHERE THE HELL IS MATT video.
Here's my ANIMOTO thing...

Comments